What should I bring with me to college?
It can be difficult deciding what to bring with you to college, and what to leave at home. To help you get organized, we have created a list of dorm living essentials.
- Sheets (at least two for an extra-long twin bed - 36"X80"; limited number of full-size beds available for married and single parents)
- Pillow cases
- Towels (bath and hand)
- Wash cloths
- Hand Soap, Bath Soap & Shampoo
- Laundry Detergent
- Cups, Bowls, Plates, Utensils (for light meals, e.g. soup, microwave dinners, etc.)
- Cleaning Supplies (floor cleaner, countertop cleaner, oven cleaner, scrubbers, etc.)
- Vacuum Cleaner, Mop, Water Bucket, Broom, Dustpan - residents are responsible for cleaning!!
- Shower Curtain, Bathroom Rugs, Toilet Paper (Mote Hall and Apartments)
Students Living in Apartments (in addition to the above):
- Dish Soap, Dish Towels & Dish Drainer
- Plates, Bowls
- Pots and Pans
- Can Opener
- Sharp Knife(s) & Cutting Board
- Basic Food Items Depending on Preferences
- Shower Curtain
Note: Students in the Residence Hall and Mote Hall may rent small refrigerators for $40/semester, nonrefundable, or you may bring your own. No hotplate or oven cooking is allowed in the Hall rooms, although microwaves are allowed. There are microwaves available for anyone to use in the Hall's lounges for light cooking.