Career Services is here to support your career development and help you find a career path that's perfect for you. A counselor can help students examine goals, interests, and values as they relate to the choice of a career.
Whether you are just beginning your studies at Central Wyoming College or preparing to graduate, career counselors will help you in your job search and at every step in your career development. They will help you identify work-related values and interests, as well as assess your unique skills.
Your career counselor is a partner in refining your career plans and guiding you through the decision-making process to set and achieve realistic career goals.
- Identifying skills, interests, values, and strengths
- Researching majors, industries, and career fields
- Developing effective tools for your job search
- Professional resume
- Focused cover letter
- Interviewing techniques
- Networking strategies
- Finding internships
- Offer negotiation
- Creating a successful job search plan
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI) – Assesses the career areas that match your distinctive personality.
- Strong Interest Inventory (Strong) – Uncovers possible career fields based on your interests and helps guide you to appropriate majors.
CWC Career Services, in partnership with JobWise, helps you find the jobs that you are looking for and makes it easy for employers to recruit you! Create your Jobwise profile and you will see jobs that are a good fit for you based upon interest and career possibilities.
Employers seeking to post a job opening on the CWC job board should create a profile on Jobwise.
FREE employer services include:
- Posting jobs on the CWC Jobs Board
- On-campus recruiting
- Job shadowing
- Informational interviews
- Panel discussions
- Mock interviews