Associate Professor of Business
It is through dedicated and committed work that we have the unique opportunity to change the trajectory of someone’s life. We have the ability to challenge and push students out of their comfort zones, and the opportunity to remind them daily that it’s never too late to pursue and achieve their goals. ”
Brittany Yeates has been at CWC for more than 12 years. As a business professor at CWC, she brings experience from her past work experience into the classroom. Brittany has worked for such companies as Guess, Inc., Universal Studios-Orlando and Teton Therapy. She has had experience in many aspects of communication and business through working in management, sales and marketing, and public relations. She has also worked as a consultant for small businesses in digital and professional communication, social media, sales and marketing, as well.
Yeates is driven by her passion for education. Her goal is to not only engage students, but to empower them to pursue academic and personal excellence. She strives to create an environment that can ignite a passion for learning. Regardless of industry, profession or career aspirations, Yeates is committed to teaching students the fundamental skills that can help them be successful. Those skills include professional and digital communication, conflict management, ethical leadership and management, diversity in the workplace and on teams, among many others. Every day she is provided with an opportunity to help open the minds of students--it is an honor and an incredible responsibility.
"To see students successfully complete degrees, pursue and achieve goals, and change their own perceptions and visions for their lives is why I do what I do and love what I do."
Yeates identifies herself as a “career-college student” with a passion for learning, education and college. She was taught at an early age that there are two things no one can ever take from you: your education and your integrity. Learning never stops, and she continues to learn every day from her children, students, staff, faculty, family and others around her. Outside of CWC, Yeates is most often found chasing her three children to various activities and sports around the state or spending time with her large extended family in Riverton. She and her husband reside in Cody, Wyoming with their children. Despite having lived and worked in many amazing places up and down the East Coast for several years, Wyoming is and always will be home.
"Our roots run deep, and it truly is the greatest place on earth!"
- Bachelor of Science in Sport's Management with a minor in Communication, Southern New Hampshire University
- Master of Science in Marketing with an emphasis in New Media and Communication, Southern New Hampshire Universit.
- Master of Arts in Communication with an emphasis in New Media, Southern New Hampshire University
- Faculty of the Year, CWC, Wyoming Innovations In Learning, 2018
- Rustler Spirit Award Recipient, CWC 2011
- Graduated with High Honors at Southern New Hampshire University, 2005, 2016
- Most Valuable Player-volleyball, Southern New Hampshire Univeristy in 2005-06
- All-Academic Player-volleyball, Northeast 10 Conference in 2004-05
- Award in Outstanding Women's Studies from Wyoming State History Day in 2002