Instructor of Theater
We have a very unique community here and I am so proud and grateful to be a small part of it. We produce great work here and should be proud of the work we create. I hope if anyone is considering giving to CWC know that your investment will be used to train the rising generation and you will make the world a better place by investing in your community.”
Joey West hails from Green River, Wyoming and has been with CWC for four years. West has been a part of the theatre world since he was a young child. His first performance was in the Nutcracker as a young boy where he fell in love with life on the stage. He spent his undergraduate at Southern Virginia University, he later moved to England to perform and earn a master's degree at the Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts. He earned another master's degree at Minnesota State University.
West moved back to Wyoming where he served as a sabbatical replacement for the musical theatre program at the University of Wyoming. He later served as the interim director of theatre at Western Wyoming Community College before becoming an elementary music teacher at Entheos Academy in Kearns, Utah.
West joined CWC in 2017 and enjoys being the director/professor for the theatre program. He said he enjoys the support and involvement he received from the community and from the campus community.
"I love teaching difficult concepts and working with students to understand these concepts," West said. "I love watching student's eyes light up when they get it and seeing them implement these skills in everything they do. I love the art everyone has inside them."
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Performance and Vocal Music Performance, Southern Virginia University
- Master of Arts in Acting, Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts, Liverpool, England
- Master of Fine Arts in Acting/Musical Theatre, Minnesota State University
- Multiple Awards from The Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
- Performed in The Odyssey by Mary Zimmerman at The Kennedy Center in April of 2011.
- Performed as a guest artist with The Sweetwater County Performing Arts Guild in The Nutcracker Ballet and Coppelia
- Performed in Draper Arts Council productions from 2014-2016
- Performed as Reuben in Herriman Arts Council's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"
- Performed "Le Nozze Di Figaro" in Italy with the Oberlin in Italy program 2004
- Performed in the inaugural cast of Starlight Mountain Theatre in Garden Valley Idaho summer of 2000