GEAR UP Wyoming (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) delivers academic success and college access services for seventh grade through college freshman:
- Academic Support
- Student/Parent Workshops
- Career, College; ACT Preparation
- College Visits
- Financial Aid, College; Scholarship Application Assistance
- College Freshman Support Services
Our Goal: to increase the number of eligible students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
Read the December 2021 Newsletter
GEAR UP Wyoming is funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education totaling $3,430,000 annually with an additional $3,430,000 annually provided by in-kind and scholarship contributions.
Get a Jump Start on College Classes
Concurrent/Dual Enrollment is a way for you to earn high school and college credit at the same time. Central Wyoming College and Fremont County high schools offer concurrent/dual enrollment opportunities. The programs enable students to earn free college credits, save money, and eliminate the need to complete comparable courses at both educational levels. Concurrent enrollment courses are taught by college-approved high school teachers at the high school while dual enrollment courses are college courses taught by college instructors.
For More Information:
Please contact The CWC Board of Cooperative Higher Educational Services (BOCHES) office at 855-2039 or toll-free at 800-735-8418, ext. 2039. Requirements:
- Student must be 15 years old (younger students may be admitted upon petition)
- Submit a CWC APPLICATION
- Submit English and Math placement scores using: COMPASS, ACT, SAT
Secure Your Future: How to Help Pay for College
- Saving for College: Save for future college costs by using qualified tuition plans!
Are Your College Savings on Track? Try to College Savings Calculator
- Mapping Your Future: College is an investment you make for your future!
- Plan for College Success: Start planning now to improve your chances of success in post-secondary admissions and academics!
- College Prep 101: Helping students prepare for and succeed in college.
College Entrance Information
- The ACT Test is a national college admissions examination that consists of subject area tests in: English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science. The ACT Plus Writing includes the four subject area tests plus a Writing Test. ACT results are accepted by all four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
- The SAT is a standardized test for college admissions in the United States. The SAT is owned, published, and developed by the College Board, a nonprofit organization in the United States. The test is intended to assess a student's readiness for college.
- The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT®. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
- FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid: (FAFSA) is a form that can be prepared annually by current and prospective college students to determine their eligibility for student financial aid to help pay for college.
- Hathaway Scholarshipsare designed to provide an incentive for Wyoming students to prepare for and pursue post-secondary education within the State of Wyoming.
- Fastweb is an online scholarship matching service and college search service.
- Scholarships.com is a scholarship search service with results tailored to you. It simplifies your search by showing you a customized list of opportunities with only the scholarships you are eligible to apply for.
- Daniels Fund The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity.
- Gear Up Wyoming Scholarship Opportunities
Want to learn more about the colleges throughout Wyoming? Check out the links below!
- Casper College
- Central Wyoming College
- Eastern Wyoming College
- Northern Wyoming Community College
- Northwest College
- Laramie County Community College
- Western Wyoming Community College
- University of Wyoming