If you're looking for an American educational experience that is extraordinary, look no further. At CWC, we greatly value our international students and go out of our way to give them the best experience possible. Transferring to other universities is easy, and our international students who start their educational career with us do very well when they continue on.
International Student Guidebook
International Students - Admissions Requirements
Students who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of the United States are welcome to apply for admission. Once the student has completed all application forms, he or she will be issued an I-20. These are the requirements for admission:
- A completed application for admission.
- Guarantee of Support Form or a certified bank statement indicating that the applicant, applicant's family or applicant's sponsor are able to provide a minimum of $18,263 (U.S. funds) per academic year of study. Supporting documentation evidencing financial support (bank statements, deposit verification, etc.) must also be provided (Please note that actual living expenses will depend on lifestyle, and the total expenses might be lower than or exceed $18,263.)
- A housing application and $100 deposit. (For more information on the housing available at CWC, please visit the CWC Residential Life page.)
- An official copy of your high school and college transcripts. The high school transcript must contain the date of graduation.
- To be an official transcript, request your school directly mail your official transcript (sealed envelope). Academic records must have a seal or an original signature. If the transcript is not in English, a certified translation must be provided.
- If you choose to mail your transcript, make sure the records mailed or sent (and sealed with school stamp) via certified transportation (DHL, Fed-Ex, UPS, etc.) directly to Central Wyoming College from each institution.
- An official copy of the applicant's TOEFL report. A minimum score of 60 on the IBT or 500 on the PBT or 47 on the revised Paper Deliver test. CWC's institution code is 4115. TOEFL scores should be sent directly to CWC's International Student Advisor. A score of 6.0 on the IELTS exam will work in place of the TOEFL. Students from English speaking countries may waive this requirement with two letters of recommendation. Please contact the International Student Services at email@example.com for more information.
- A health certificate, in English, signed by a licensed physician.
- A copy of current passport
Admission is granted with the understanding that you have a valid, unexpired visa and the ability to provide evidence of financial support. You must be fully prepared to meet the necessary financial obligations for the full time you will be in the U.S.
International Students - Cost Attendance
This is just an estimate cost. Actual living expenses will depend on lifestyle, and the total expenses might be lower than or exceed $18,263.
|Tuition and Fees||$10,140|
|Room and Board with deposits and fees||$5,798|
|Books and Supplies||$1,200|
|Personal Expenses and Health Insurance||$925|
For more information on the housing options at CWC, please visit the CWC Residential Life page.*Based on 15 credits - additional course fees may apply
***Cost includes a full meal plan
International Student English Proficiency Requirement
Generally, international students whose native language is not English are required to provide results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
In order to succeed academically at CWC, international students must have strong English speaking, writing, reading, and listening skills. English proficiency for study at the undergraduate level must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1) Obtaining a minimum required the score on an English Proficiency examination:
English Proficiency Examination
Minimum Required Score
Official TOEFL scores must be submitted and should be sent directly to Central Wyoming College using the institution code of 4115. Please reference the chart below to see the TOEFL requirement needed for admission:
SCORE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Internet-based test (iBT)
with the following
Paper-delivered test (PDT)
English Proficiency Requirement for Admission (Exempt Countries)
All international applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States of America must provide objective evidence of proficiency in the English language. However, the following countries/territories exceptions apply:
|Belize||Guyana||Nigeria||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Botswana||Ireland||Papua New Guinea||Turks & Caicos Islands|
|Canada (except Quebec)||Kenya||Samoa||United Kingdom|
If an international applicant's native language is English, or he/she has graduated from college/university in which English was the language of instruction, an applicant may request a waiver of the TOEFL or IELTS exemption.
The International Student Services may invite students to participate in a verbal and writing interview to assess your English writing, comprehension and communications skills.
Please contact the International Student Services for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Students - Scholarships/Financial Aid
International Students, who are not permanent residents of the United States, are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid. Each student must demonstrate that he/she, or his/her sponsor, has $18,263 (US) per academic year in order to receive an I-20 and acceptance to CWC.
All international students are eligible for international guaranteed scholarships which worth from $4,440 - $5,670. Below are the requirements for the scholarship:
- Must be current high school senior
- Complete the free admission application
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or SAT 1080 or ACT 21
- Submit a current transcript to email@example.com
Also, Central Wyoming College offers some funded scholarships to support international CWC students. As a prospective international student, you can submit an application through the scholarship application portal to be considered. The scholarships application for Fall 2019 will be open on October 1, 2018, and the deadlines for the application will be March 1, 2019. Please note, this application is separate from the admission application. To consider for the additional scholarships, you must create a profile in the scholarships portal.
An additional scholarship, available only to international students, is awarded each semester in the amount of $200. To be eligible, each student must be an active participant in the Multicultural Club for one semester. Applications are available through the Multicultural Advisor.
International Student Services
To provide a smooth transition for the international student, Central Wyoming College provides an International Student Services. The staff will guide the student through the requirements.
International Student Advisor
Please request all necessary application material forms by calling Central Wyoming College at (307)855-2000 or
International Student Services
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton, Wyoming 82501
Join Us in International Student Facebook
All international students attending college at Central Wyoming College must enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
Admission is granted with the understanding that the student has a valid, unexpired visa and the ability to provide evidence of financial support. The student must be fully prepared to meet the necessary financial obligations for the entire time they will be in the U.S.
The Multicultural club is a fun and active group on campus that offers students from all around the world the opportunity to build close friendships with each other, while sharing their cultures with each other and the community. The club, which is one of the largest on campus, helps international students adjust to being away from home by giving them a place where they can feel comfortable, relaxed and yet involved in something meaningful.
Club members become very close over the two to three years that they are here, and leave knowing they have life-long friends.
Club sponsored fundraisers
The club sponsors several fundraisers throughout the year so that it can afford to take various trips, have parties and do other fun activities. The money raised from the show goes into an International Student Scholarship Fund. These special scholarships are only awarded to active members of the club who have demonstrated exemplary participation.
The club meets once every week throughout the school year, and every other meeting we try to plan a presentation from a member of the club about his/her country. Often at meetings, we like to have a sampling of some native food as well. Each year the club plans various trips, including one big field trip at the end of each spring semester. Trips in the past have included places like Denver, CO and Rapid City, SD.
Anyone is welcome to join, whether international or not. If you are interested in being a part of the Multicultural Club, contact the International Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us in our Multicultural Club Facebook
Health Insurance Information
Health care costs in the United States are extremely expensive. It is not uncommon for doctor's visit with lab work, x-rays and medication to reach into the hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
Central Wyoming College does not offer student health insurance. Therefore, all international students are required to purchase medical insurance from an agent/company of their choice. We encourage an international student to select insurance coverage that best meets their individual needs. You will be required to show proof of health insurance prior to enrolling in classes and throughout your enrollment.
Health Insurance Requirements: International students must purchase health insurance that meets each requirement listed below and must be covered for the entire semester (prior to registration):
- Minimum of $100,000 of medical benefits per condition, per year
- Minimum of $50,000 in coverage for medical evacuation
- Minimum of $25,000 in coverage for repatriation benefits
- Annual deductible of no more than $500
- Pregnancy must be covered as any other condition
- Inpatient hospitalization
- Outpatient surgery
- Primary care services
- Specialty care services
- Pre-existing condition waiver offered if previous 6-month continuous coverage
- Prescription feature
- A United States insurance carrier with a minimum A.M. Best Rating of A-, VIII
These are some providers of health insurance recommended to International Students:
Frequently Asked Questions for International Students
Here are some commonly asked questions. If you do not find all of the information you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com
Unlike many colleges and universities in the U.S., Central Wyoming College's tuition is extremely low. Estimated costs for tuition, housing, meals, books and fees for one academic year are only $17,500 (US).”
Maygen Cassity, Assistant Professor of Communication
Our students get to participate in hands-on academic experience from the time they begin their classes.”
Bill Finney, Assistant Professor of Chemistry & Physics
Central Wyoming College encourages and creates opportunities for students to share their cultures with each other and with their community.”
Meet the International Recruiter
Katelyn is the international student recruiter. She is here to guide international students to CWC and answer any questions about CWC and the surrounding area.