The mission of Central Wyoming College Campus Security is to enhance the quality of life at Central by providing a safe and secure environment that is conducive to learning, while building community partnerships that foster trust, mutual respect and cooperation.
ALICE [Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate] training is beneficial for campus employees and the community. It is scenario-based training that prepares a person for instances of a violent intruder.
920 community members, 85 organizations, 134 students, 185 staff members trained as of June 2021.
This hands-on training has empowered folks and taught them to think through what they would do if faced with a violent intruder. It is a great training.”
Chuck Carr, Director of Campus Security
Your Safety is our #1 Priority!
Students should immediately go to the student portal, My Central, and register for the campus communication system Rustler Alert! This will ensure that students receive all alert messages from campus via cell phone, text, and email.
The Campus Security Office is located in Main Hall 107 and can be contacted by calling 1-307-855-2143.
If you are witnessing a crime that is being committed RIGHT NOW, immediately
contact the following:
- CWC Riverton Main Campus
- Riverton Police Department at 307-856-4891 or call 911.
- CWC Lander
- Lander Police Department at 307-332-3131 or call 911. I
- CWC Alpine Science Institute
- Fremont County Sheriff's Department at 307-332-5611 or call 911.
- CWC Dubois
- Fremont County Sheriff's Department at 307-332-5611
- CWC Jackson
- Jackson Police Department at 307-733-2331
To discuss concerns about an individual student, faculty or staff, please contact the following:
- Vice President for Student Services office by email or call 855-2186.
- Student Life and Campus Safety office by email or call 855-2143
- Counseling email or call at 855-2175.
- To view the State of Wyoming Sex Offender Registry, log on to the registry.
Emergency Messaging Opt-In for Families
Keep your loved ones informed!
In the event of an emergency on campus, keep your family/friends informed by having them opt-in to Rustler alerts!
Step 1: Text CWCPARTNER to 226787 for 185 day opt in (6 months).
Step 2: Following your text, you will receive two welcome messages and any emergency messages the college issues. After 6 months, your cell number will receive a notice that you have automatically been removed from the system. If you would like to re-subscribe, repeat Step 1.