Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
At Central Wyoming College, we are passionate about embracing differences, making space for conversations, and celebrating who you are.
Many things contribute to an individual’s identity, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, education, and political beliefs. These things and more are what make each of us unique.
- Implement strategies to address minority success/completion gaps, in connection with SEM
- Propose guidance for hiring managers and search committees related to inclusion
- Continue to work toward diversity and inclusion goals from the strategic plan
- Provide campus-wide (student and staff) opportunities for professional development related to diversity and inclusion and cultural exchange, in connection with human resources and student activities.
Online resources for diversity, equity, and inclusion education:
- Leading for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Higher Education
- Online Classes for Managers
- How to Get Serious about Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace - Ted Talk by Janet Stovall
- Understanding Privilege
- Addressing Unconcious Bias
- Project Implicit
- Gender Equality & Sexual Diversity
- LGBTQ+ Definitions Every Good Ally Should Know
- Overcoming Educational Racism in the Community College: Creating Pathways to Student Success
- Education for All: Disability, Diversity, and Inclusion
- What the Heck Does Equity Mean
Diversity & Institutional Resources
Meet the Diversity Committee
Whitney Martinez is the Student Support Services Program Education/Skills Development Coach.
Ben has taught English at CWC for many years.
Liz has a strong background in acute care in rural settings and has spent a lot of time mentoring new nurses.
Joesph Fountain brings a wealth of knowledge to his classes.
Jason Harris helps students find the right courses for their academic career.
Katelyn is the international student recruiter. She is here to guide international students to CWC and answer any questions about CWC and the surrounding area.
Have a question? Call or email!